Thursday, March 14, 2013

Adoption Contract / Promise

In Memory of Sarge, RIP 
 Adoption Contract



I require all new forever homes to agree to these requirements:


This agreement is for the rescue dog named                                    

I/we will license and microchip the rescue dog making the Lorelei Craig a 2nd
contact.                If microchip already in place put registration information here:



I/we agree to never take (the rescue dog) to any public dog park or be released where it could be hurt or hurt other dogs.                


I/we agree to never let (the rescue dog) off leash outside my home or securely fenced areas.   ____ (This would not apply to dogs competing in Obedience or Agility or other controlled performance sports.)


I understand if I/we can no longer keep (the rescue dog) for any reason I/we must contact Lorelei Craig ASAP.  I/we may be asked to foster for a short period while we make arrangements for a new home or foster.                                                                


I/we will not re-home (the rescue dog) with anyone including another family member without contacting Lorelei Craig first.                                 


I/we understand we may not euthanize (the rescue dog) for any reason without contacting the Lorelei Craig first.          _____              (This may be waived in the case of life/death situations but never due to behavior issues.)


I/we understand (the rescue dog) is not to be left with a cat or other small dog unattended.       


I/we understand (the rescue dog) is not to be left alone in the back yard for extended periods of unattended time.                        (Bored dogs become nuisance dogs.)

I/we understand the Bull Breeds were originally bred to fight other dogs and as a result I will ensure that (the rescue dog) is never put in a position where he/she can be aggressive to any other animal.


I/we will ensure that (the rescue dog) is a good ambassador for the breed and not put in a position to be troublesome in our community.  I/we will not ignore bad behaviors or potential bad behaviors and will seek help or guidance to ensure (the rescue dog) is a good member of the community. _____


I/we understand that although many dogs are great with children it takes supervision and guidance to ensure children know how to behave around dogs.  I/we understand that we must never leave (the rescue dog) unsupervised with a child under the age of 12 or any child who is not familiar with (the rescue dog).                                                                                 Please check out this website for information relating to children and dogs and signs of anxiety in your dog. http://www.liamjperkfoundation.org/talk.html


I/we are aware that some homeowner’s and renter’s insurance policies exclude some of the Bull Breeds.  I am aware if this is the case with my/our policy I/we will not be covered if (the rescue dog) does harm another person or pet or property.           

I/we have checked with our landlord or homeowner’s association to ensure that (the rescue dog) is welcome and can supply proof is requested.                        


I/we will not leave (the rescue dog) outside at night or in hot, cold or rainy weather during the day    __


I/we will provide good quality food and fresh water daily for (the rescue dog).                            


I/we will provide prompt and adequate health care for (the rescue dog).         


I/we will ensure (the rescue dog) is crate trained and will have a crate available to use as needed for time outs and to keep (the rescue dog) safe during parties or loud holiday noises or other times as necessary.                            


I/we will become familiar and comply with nuisance and potentially dangerous dog laws in my community.                 


I/we am/are aware and agree that if (the rescue dog) is picked up by Animal Control I/we may be required to waive our ownership rights and return (the dog) to Lorelei Craig. By signing and initialing this contract I/we am/are agreeing to give up ownership of (the rescue dog) if it is picked up by Animal Control and held for any reason. ______

Lorelei Craig reserves the right to waive this requirement on a case basis and only after her review.               


I/we agree to attend basic obedience/well mannered pet training with (the rescue dog).               Depending on age and evaluation of (the rescue dog) and experience level of adopter this may be waived, see following note:






I/we understand that the past life of a rescue dog is unclear.   I/we understand that because of this (the rescue dog) comes with baggage but in almost all instances time and patience and good quality life and training will take care of any problems.              


Signed                                                                    Date                              


Printed Name                                                                      


Signed                                                                   Date                                 


Printed Name                                                                           

Copyright 2013 Ciera Reflections. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment